Some of the applications are-
- It lowers the temperature, the dry ice evaporates in food
preservation and transportation processes. It is extensively
used for preservation of meat especially when it is transported
to longer distances. In lowering temperature and cryo grinding.
- Heat sensitive chemical reactions are carried at lower
temperature. The temperature is lowered by dry ice.
- Tempering of blades is primarily done with the use of dry
- Shrink fitting is done by using dry ice for closer
- Dry ice is being used for cleaning, blasting, using small
pellets. This is similar to the conventional shot blasting
except that the shot is replaced by small pellets of dry ice.
The dry ice evaporates to CO2 gas instead of
spoiling environment with sand /solvent /water / metal. Thus, it
is an environmental friendly process and Dry ice blasting is a
better alternative as compared to other traditional cleaning
- Some of the benefits of dry ice blasting technology are
- Decreases downtime through cleaning in-place.
- Causes faster and more thorough cleaning.
- Eliminates any chances of equipment damage.